The 389 team is pleased to announce the availability of Release
Candidate 3 of version 1.2.5.
NOTE: Packages for Enterprise Linux are available from EPEL. We will no
longer have a separate yum repo for these packagse.
We need your help! Please help us test this software. It is a Release
Candidate, so it is fairly stable at this point. We have worked hard to
make sure upgrades from previous releases are as smooth as possible, and
we would really appreciate feedback about upgrades. The Fedora system
strongly encourages packages to be in Testing until verified and pushed
to Stable. If we don't get any feedback while the packages are in
Testing, the packages will remain in limbo, or get pushed to Stable.
The more testing we get, the faster we can release these packages to Stable.
The packages that need testing are:
* Release Notes - http://port389.org/wiki/Release_Notes
* Install_Guide - http://port389.org/wiki/Install_Guide
* Download - http://port389.org/wiki/Download
=== New features ===
None - this release is primarily to fix some bugs found in 1.2.5.rc2,
=== Bugs Fixed ===
This release contains a couple of bug fixes. The complete list of bugs
fixed is found at the link below. Note that bugs marked as MODIFIED
have been fixed but are still in testing.
* Tracking bug for 1.2.5 release -
* https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=548537 548537 Fix memory
leaks in DNA plugin
* https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=518084 518084 Fix out of
order retro changelog entries
* https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=497556 497556 LDAPI
connections cause TCP performance degradation
389-ds-base 1.2.5.rc2 was accidentally released to FC6/EL5 stable
instead of testing. This only affected the FC6/EL5 packages. The
Fedora packages are in the correct testing repos.
This problem has now been fixed - 1.2.5.rc2 is available from the
testing repo - the latest stable version of 389-ds-base is 1.2.2.
I apologize for any problems or confusion.