From: Ghiurea, Isabella
Sent: August-13-14 12:13 PM
Subject: cfg archiving transactions log
I'm trying to cfg db archive transaction logs, I create a new dir for log files, cp the old log.* and restart the server , the log .*file is there in the new dir BUT
in /var/lib/dirsrv/slapd-ldap/db threre are still active a series of files :_db.* , I removed all this files prior restarting the service but they got create it in the default location.
What do I miss ?
As per your advise I run with :
-D '*cn=*directory manager' option getting :
Ldap_bin :no such object (32)
This time ...the owner of new "/var/lib/dirsrv/mybackups is ldap-ds , I run db2bak.pl as root
Any other tips ?
I'm trying to use ns-inactivate.pl to deactivate user accounts, but I
don't know how to get it to use port 636. It works fine on 389 but if I
use -p 636 no dice. I dont see that there is a flag to tell it where to
find the cert that it needs to make the connection.
I'm new to 389DS trying to cfg my full backups, using db2bak.pl
running as: root or ldap-ds :db2bak.pl -D 'directory manager' - w pass - a /var/lib/mybackups/ds_back , this faills with
Ldap_bind :Invalid DN syntax (34)
What do I miss?
I setup a new 389 on my enviroment, and when I configured the replication,
just one user was not imported:
[12/Aug/2014:16:37:28 -0300] - import userRoot: WARNING: Skipping entry
"uid=myuser,OU=IT,dc=my,dc=domain" which has no parent, ending at line 0 of
file "(bulk import)"
[12/Aug/2014:16:37:28 -0300] - import userRoot: WARNING: bad entry: ID 720
What exactly that means?
389 Directory Server 220.127.116.11
The 389 Directory Server team is proud to announce 389-ds-base version
This release is only available in binary form for EL5 (EPEL5) and EL6 -
The new packages and versions are:
A source tarball is available for download at
Highlights in 18.104.22.168
* several bug fixes including a security bug
Installation and Upgrade
See Download <http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Download> for
information about setting up your yum repositories.
To install, use *yum install 389-ds*
yum install 389-ds
After install completes, run *setup-ds-admin.pl* to set up your
To upgrade, use *yum upgrade*
After upgrade completes, run *setup-ds-admin.pl -u* to update your
directory server/admin server/console information.
<http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Install_Guide> for more
information about the initial installation, setup, and upgrade
See Source <http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Source> for
information about source tarballs and SCM (git) access.
We are very interested in your feedback!
Please provide feedback and comments to the 389-users mailing list:
If you find a bug, or would like to see a new feature, file it in our
Trac instance: https://fedorahosted.org/389
Detailed Changelog since 22.214.171.124
* Ticket 346 - Fixing memory leaks
* Ticket 346 - Slow ldapmodify operation time for large quantities of
multi-valued attribute values
* Ticket 443 - Deleting attribute present in
nsslapd-allowed-to-delete-attrs returns Operations error
* Ticket 616 - High contention on computed attribute lock
* Ticket 47331 - Self entry access ACI not working properly
* Ticket 47426 - Coverity issue with last commit(move
compute_idletimeout out of handle_pr_read_ready)
* Ticket 47426 - move compute_idletimeout out of handle_pr_read_ready
* Ticket 47446 - logconv.pl memory continually grows
* Ticket 47649 - Server hangs in cos_cache when adding a user entry
* Ticket 47670 - Aci warnings in error log
* Ticket 47692 - single valued attribute replicated ADD does not work
* Ticket 47707 - 389 DS Server crashes and dies while handles paged
searches from clients
* Ticket 47713 - Logconv.pl with an empty access log gives lots of errors
* Ticket 47736 - Import incorrectly updates numsubordinates for
* Ticket 47750 - Creating a glue fails if one above level is a
conflict or missing
* Ticket 47764 - Problem with deletion while replicated
* Ticket 47767 - Nested tombstones become orphaned after purge
* Ticket 47770 - #481 breaks possibility to reassemble memberuid list
* Ticket 47771 - Cherry pick issue parentsdn freed twice
* Ticket 47771 - Move parentsdn initialization to avoid crash
* Ticket 47771 - Performing deletes during tombstone purging results
in operation errors
* Ticket 47772 - empty modify returns LDAP_INVALID_DN_SYNTAX
* Ticket 47772 - fix coverity issue
* Ticket 47773 - mem leak in do_bind when there is an error
* Ticket 47774 - mem leak in do_search - rawbase not freed upon
* Ticket 47780 - Some VLV search request causes memory leaks
* Ticket 47781 - Server deadlock if online import started while server
is under load
* Ticket 47782 - Parent numbordinate count can be incorrectly updated
if an error occurs
* Ticket 47787 - A replicated MOD fails (Unwilling to perform) if it
targets a tombstone
* Ticket 47793 - Server crashes if uniqueMember is invalid syntax and
memberOf plugin is enabled.
* Ticket 47804 - db2bak.pl error with changelogdb
* Ticket 47809 - find a way to remove replication plugin errors
messages "changelog iteration code returned a dummy entry with csn
%s, skipping ..."
* Ticket 47813 - managed entry plugin fails to update member pointer
on modrdn operation
* Ticket 47813 - remove "goto bail" from previous commit
* Ticket 47817 - The error result text message should be obtained just
prior to sending result
* Ticket 47820 - 1.2.11 branch: coverity errors
* Ticket 47821 - deref plugin cannot handle complex acis
* Ticket 47824 - paged results control is not working in some cases
when we have a subsuffix.
* Ticket 47831 - server restart wipes out index config if there is a
* Ticket 47858 - Internal searches using
OP_FLAG_REVERSE_CANDIDATE_ORDER can crash the server
* Ticket 47861 - Certain schema files are not replaced during upgrade
* Ticket 47862 - Repl-monitor.pl ignores the provided connection
* Ticket 47862 - repl-monitor fails to convert "*" to default values
* Ticket 47863 - New defects found in 389-ds-base-1.2.11
* Ticket 47869 - unauthenticated information disclosure (Bug 1127833)
Retrieved from "http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/126.96.36.199"