Jim Hogan wrote:
I am attempting to migrate an existing OpenLDAP directory to FDS
1.01. I had extended the OL setup with samba.schema and had imported
a bunch of existing Samba data with scripts. This is all on Fedora
Core 3. I was motivated to migrate by 1) the console apps and 2)
better ACI mgmt; I figured both of these might better support a better
self-service directory model where people can edit some of their own
I have FDS running and just got console running. I found the script
to convert samba.schema to FDS LDIF format and that seemed to work a
treat. However, on startup, FDS seems to completely ignore my
"61samba.ldif". Worse, it seems not to notice any errors. What this
measn is that I am not able to import any users (and other elements)
from my OL directory as they have various samba* attributes.
This is what I did:
perl ~/ol2rhds.pl < /usr/share/doc/samba-3.0.14a/LDAP/samba.schema >
ldapsearch -x -h localhost -p myport -s base -b "cn=schema"
"objectclass=*" | grep -i samba
I see lots of output like the following:
objectClasses: ( 22.214.171.124.4.1.7126.96.36.199 NAME 'sambaConfigOption' DESC
Configuration Option' SUP top STRUCTURAL MUST sambaOptionName X-ORIGIN
objectClasses: ( 188.8.131.52.4.1.7184.108.40.206 NAME 'sambaAccountPolicy' DESC
Account Policy' SUP top STRUCTURAL MUST ( sambaAccountPolicyName $
attributeTypes: ( 220.127.116.11.4.1.718.104.22.168 NAME 'sambaAlgorithmicRidBase'
'Base at which the samba RID generation algorithm should operate'
attributeTypes: ( 22.214.171.124.4.1.7126.96.36.199 NAME 'sambaGroupType' DESC 'NT
attributeTypes: ( 188.8.131.52.4.1.7184.108.40.206 NAME 'sambaLogonHours' DESC
The rest of the XXname.ldif schema files seem to be processing just
fine. I have audited some of the last to load 50ns-web, 50ns-calendar
and 60pam-plugin, and all of their attributes appear in the listing I
can find via the console (or phpLDAPadmin).
I saw nothing in the slapd-servername/logs/* so I increased error
loglevel to 192 and then to some ridiculous combined value from the
debug table in the FAQ. I never see any reference to problems
processing "61samba" -- the only errors I can generate with "samba"
them are when I attempt to add users "has unknown object class
'sambaSamAccount'", for example. I changed 61samba.ldif to
21samba.ldif to see if this problem was order-dependent. No change.
For grins, I added a junk ldif called 59nonsense.ldif and I couldn't
get *that* to generate any lines in the "errors" log file or anywhere
that I can tell. "service ldap restart" just seems to go on its merry
way. It is like the ancillary LDIF list doesn't exist or something.
So, for fun I *copied* one of the LDIF schema files to
"59nonsense.ldif" and figured I would see log complaints about
duplicate attributes, but *nothing*. and nothing in debug log. slapd
restarts without a hitch.
Anyhow, FDS looks great and I am sure it will be a lot of fun, but at
the moment, I think I am missing some *big*, dope-slap-worthy item --
some big, red switch that says "COMMIT" that I need to flip!