On Sat, Dec 21, 2019 at 06:49:53PM -0700, John M. Harris Jr wrote:
On Sunday, May 19, 2019 2:05:46 AM MST Silvia Sánchez wrote:
> Yes, I know Python 2 will be soon removed, but I can't just let Bleachbit
> die. It's too useful for that.
> Finding a sponsor seems to be the hard bit. I've been looking for one for
> Thanks for the answer.
> Kind regards,
> FAS: Lailah
Unfortunately, this package will eventually be hurt by this new FESCo policy
to remove Python2. It is unfortunate, but cannot really be avoided. If it
doesn't get a FESCo exception (and FESCo has denied several exceptions,
regardless of the package actually having a maintainer), it will be removed
without consent from you or another maintainer.
FESCo doesn't just deny requests to keep python2 packages willy-nilly:
- 20 requests were accepted
- 4 were closed because the port to python3 happened in the meantime
- 1 was closed because maintainers assume that a port will happen before F32
- 1 was rejected because maintainers couldn't provide a list of packages that need the
- 1 was rejected because there was no hope for a python3 port because of lack of
Also note that there is a blanket approval for using just python2 at