I am glad to announce that a major bug fixed and improved version of
Samyak fonts has been released today.
The new version is 1.2.0. I have dropped intermediate versions since
this appeared to be a large enough update.
You may find the latest upstream tarball here:
- Resolved Bugs:
- For Samyak_Devanagari.sfd(Thanks to Sandeep Shedmake):
- 899 ligatures on reserved character of devanagari code chart
- 900 rendering problem in samyak devanagari
- 906 Ha + Halant + Ra is not working in Devanagari
- 910 GPOS rules of samyak fonts not working
- 912 problems of rendering
- 914 ra + halant + ka + ai matra
- 915 check the ligatures of ii-matras
- 926 [mr_IN] combiantion va + halant + ra not working properly
- For Samyak_Malayalam.sfd:
- Fixes given by Hiran Venugopalan, Thanks!
- 918 [ml_IN] Wrong combinations are formed with La(0D32)
- 919 [ml_IN] Wrong combinations are formed with Lla(U+0D33)
- 920 [ml_IN] Wrong combinations are formed with Rra(U+0D31)
- Added many glyphs including xRa and half forms
- Few aesthetic enhancements!
- Fix given by Pravin Satpute, Thanks!
- 921 [ml_IN] dotted circle at U+25CC missing
- Updated by me (Licence updates to 'GNU GPLv3 or later with font exception'):
- Samyak_Devanagari.sfd: License updated (Bug 924)
- Samyak_Gujarati.sfd: License updated (Bug 924)
- Samyak_Malayalam.sfd: License updated (Bug 924), Corrected Font Info (header)
- Samyak_Oriya.sfd: License updated (Bug 924)
- Samyak_Tamil.sfd: License updated (Bug 924)
- makedist.sh: Updated in accordance to currently supported scripts.
- Removed few unnecessary files
- Added AUTHORS, README and COPYING files