The infrastructure team will be having its weekly meeting tomorrow,
2020-04-30 at 15:00 UTC in #fedora-meeting-1 on the freenode network.
We have a document at https://board.net/p/fedora-infra
Please try and review and edit that document before the meeting and we
will use it to have our agenda of things to discuss. A copy as of today
is included in this email.
If you have something to discuss, add the topic to the discussion area
with your name. If you would like to teach other folks about some
application or setup in our infrastructure, please add that topic and
your name to the learn about section.
We will use it over the week before the meeting to gather status and
info and discussion items and so forth, then use it in the irc meeting
to transfer information to the meetbot logs.
### Meeting start stuff
#startmeeting Infrastructure (2020-04-30)
#chair nirik pingou smooge cverna mizdebsk mkonecny abompard
#info Agenda is at: https://board.net/p/fedora-infra
#info About our team: https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/cpe/
### Let new people say hello
#topic New folks introductions
#info This is a place where people who are interested in Fedora
Infrastructure can introduce themselves
#info Getting Started Guide:
### Determine who the next chair is
#topic Next chair
#info magic eight ball says:
#info 2020-04-30 - smooge
#info 2020-05-07 - cverna
#info 2020-05-14 - siddharthvipul
#info 2020-05-21 - ???
### Status / Information / Trivia / Announcements
(We put things here we want others on the team to know, but don't need
(Please use ```#info (the thing - your name)```
#topic announcements and information
#info CPE Sustaining EU-hours team has standups on Tuesday and
Thursday at 1400 UTC in #fedora-admin - please join
#info CPE Sustaining NA-hours team has a Monday through Friday 30
minute meeting going through tickets at 1800 UTC in #fedora-admin
#info Fedora Infrastructure will be moving in 2020-06 from its Phoenix
Az datacenter to one near Herndon Va. A lot of planning will be
involved on this. Please watch out for announcements on changes.
#info Fedora Communishift move has started but will take longer than
expected. Current estimate for bringing back into production is TBD
#info F32 final freeze is in effect!
#info Taskotron will EOL in 2020-05
### Things we should discuss
We use this section to bring up discussion topics. Things we want to talk about
as a group and come up with some consensus /suor decision or just brainstorm a
problem or issue. If there are none of these we skip this section.
(Use ```#topic your discussion topic - your username)```
#info siddharthvipul is oncall 2020-04-16 -> 2020-04-23
#info cverna is oncall 2020-04-23-> 2020-04-30
#info siddharthvipul is oncall 2020-04-30 -> 2020-05-07
#info ??? is oncall 2020-05-07 -> 2020-05-14
#info ??? is oncall 2020-05-14 -> 2020-05-21
## .oncalltakeeu .oncalltakeus
#info Summary of last week: (from current oncall )
#topic Monitoring discussion [nirik]
#info Go over existing out items and fix
### Put all topics for discussion under here
Here we will discuss any apprentice questions, try and match up people looking
for things to do with things to do, progress, testing anything like that.
### Learn about some application or setup in infrastructure
(This section, each week we get 1 person to talk about an application
or setup that we have. Just going over what it is, how to contribute,
ideas for improvement, etc. Whoever would like to do this, just add
the i/nfo in this section. In the event we don't find someone to teach
about something, we skip this section and just move on to open floor.)
### Meeting end stuff
#topic Open Floor
Stephen J Smoogen.
we are now in the infrastructure freeze leading up to the Fedora 32
Final release. This is a final release freeze.
We do this to ensure that our infrastructure is stable and ready to
release Fedora 32 when it's available.
You can see a list of hosts that do not freeze by checking out the
ansible repo and running the freezelist script:
ansible/scripts/freezelist -i inventory
Any hosts listed as freezes is frozen until 2020-04-21 (or later if
release slips). Frozen hosts should have no changes made to them without
a sign-off on the change from at least 2 sysadmin-main or rel-eng
members, along with (in most cases) a patch of the exact change to be
made to this list.
You are kindly invited to the meeting:
Fedora Infrastructure on 2020-04-30 from 15:00:00 to 16:00:00 UTC
The meeting will be about:
Weekly Fedora Infrastructure meeting. See infrastructure list for agenda a day before.
May name is mark, I have just started as a software engineer at redhat, I
have worked as a DevOps for 3 years previously and am familiar with tooling
such as ansible and scripting languages such as python and bash.
My irc handle: mjobrien
ppc9-02 is in a odd state. Guests are running ok, but the host itself is
hanging any ansible runs against it. :( Usually this is a sign of some
I've disabled the builders on it and once builds finish on them I would
like to update and reboot ppc9-02. Due to existing builds this may be
later this weekend...
# CPE Weekly: 2020-04-26
title: CPE Weekly status email
tags: CPE Weekly, email
The Community Platform Engineering group is the Red Hat team combining
IT and release engineering from Fedora and CentOS.Check out our teams
info here https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/cpe/
## GitForge Updates
* We will be tracking our progress here
* Please be aware this does not contain any new information, as we
don't have any to share yet.
* However once we have more information for you, we will be posting it
to the above link, and with the URL in the weekly emails for quick
* We are currently doing a technical deep-dive with our own team on
what we need from GitLab
* We are also still engaging with Fedora Council who are tracking the
Fedora Communities needs here
* And we are looking at ways to engage closer with the CentOS
community too to share information as and when we have it
* Public Q&A sessions are still being discussed to allow for open
conversations in public forums too as we move through this journey, so
thank you for your patience with us.
## Fedora Updates
* F32 release is a Go!
* Estimated release date is April 28th - well done to everyone involved!
### Data Centre Move
* Due to Covid-19 restrictions at each datacentre, we have
unfortunately experienced a delay during the initial move.
* The need to push out our dates by 2-3 weeks was made necessary on
Thursday 23rd April, following meetings with Red Hat IT on network
connectivity status and estimate connection times for our team to
access the new datacentre.
* We will need to adjust our outage schedule and move schedule to
properly reflect the new dates of services being turned off and
reduced, and the full amended schedule will be published to hackmd,
with emails sent to the devel-announce & infra lists next week (week
ending 1st May)
* We will also include links to the updated move schedule and service
impact schedule in next weeks CPE Weekly
* Please be aware that CommuniShift is now down indefinitely until
earliest May 8th.
### AAA Replacement
* The team have begun phase two of the project and you can view their
board for more technical information on their work here
* They are doing amazing work :)
* Monitor-gating is now running in production and has already caught a
couple of issues with bodhi (both in stg and in prod)!
* In review as a Fedora package:
* Work progressing on Koji tagging plugin (post-build), full use
case support for bumping releases
* Plan is still to get it deployed in staging
### Sustaining Team
* Mbbox Upgrade
* Some progress on CRD for koji-builder and koji-hub components
* Bodhi 5.2.2 released
* Some issues with celery tasks, however rawhide monitoring super useful.
* Compose tracker enhancement
* Focusing on tagging issues, and having the ability to ping maintainers
Odcs-backend-releng01 provision to enable testing in Fedora Minimal Compose
* The daily standup the team has has helped a lot with managing
infra tickets - they are down to 99 tickets!
* Mass update of stg and prod
* Please note you may experience some Kojira slowness
* New review-stats application deployed -
## CentOS Updates
* ppc64le and aarch64, 8 and 8-stream nodes now available in cico for
tenants to checkout. -- Email sent to ci-user list
* New signing for SIGs (through https://cbs.centos.org) live on 25th April 2020
### CentOS Stream
* Summit Videos took our attention this week
* We have a booth, so don't forget to register your attendance!
* Qt5.12 pushed in response to an internal request
* NetworkManager re-imported
As always, feedback is welcome, and we will continue to look at ways
to improve the delivery and readability of this weekly report.
Have a great week ahead!
Community Platform Engineering Team
Red Hat EMEA