On Thu, Apr 16, 2020 at 03:01:35PM +0200, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
Good Morning Everyone,
I have a few items in my backlog that I'd like to discuss priorities with you,
so here is the unsorted list, let me know how you would sort it :)
Thanks for this pingou! :)
Perhaps we should all try and do this at the beginning of the week or
* Finish bringing bugzilla overrides to dist-git
- Deploy pagure 5.9.x to src.fp.o
- Migrate the data from the scm-requests repo to dist-git
- Adjust the README of the scm-requests repo
- Close off the scm-requests repo to pull-requests
- Announce & profit/watch the world burn
Blocked by the current freeze, unless a FBR is acceptable to upgrade pagure
to 5.9.x (knowing that 5.9.x does not bring any DB changes).
This is a good one.
* Reworkd the packager sync from FAS to bugzilla
Currently, there is a cron job that adds bugzilla privileges to people that
are added to the packager group. That cron relies on a DB in FAS that tracks
people being added or removed from this group. This isn't quite the 2020 way
of doing things and this will not be portable to noggin (the next gen FAS).
Python-bugzilla also recently (it's merged but not released) gained support
for groups, so we can finally do something like: ask FAS for all the packagers
and their email, list all the people in the corresponding group in bugzilla,
do a diff and add/remove accordingly.
This one I just had to manually fix 2 users. It's going to be an ongoing
source of pain. ;(
* Finish retiring in bugzilla packages that are retired in Fedora
these components to new bugs in bugzilla).
This was blocked on a change in bugzilla which has been deployed in the last
release. So we should be able to proceed and adjust our bugzilla<->dist-git
sync script to do this.
This would be nice, but we have done without it for a long time, so more
shouldn't hurt too much. :)
* Mirror the ansible git repo on pagure.io
I'd like to set up a mirror on pagure.io that would pull from batcave01. It
would mean that PR can't really be merged in this mirror (unless we're fast
enough to pull from the mirror and push to the main repo right after the merge,
but there is a risk of a race-condition where the commit(s) just merged are
overridden by a push to the main repo).
It would expose a more up to date ansible repo to the public and we should be
able to wget the patch of the PRs, git am to apply them and git push to the
I think we should just bite the bullet and move the repo to pagure if we
can get a nice way to sync it back to batcave01 for actually running
I know I have been holdinng off on this related to the gitforge stuff,
and it likely will mean that we have to move it again sometime, but so
what. I think it's worth it to have.
Lets set aside a time and make this happen. :)
I guess after freeze.
* Migrate stg.pagure.io and src.stg.fedoraproject.org
While we're in freeze, I figure this is a good time to do this. We could do
pagure.io post-freeze and wait to do src.fp.o when it gets reinstalled in the
Yeah, good to do. I was going to ask you about this the other day.
Perhaps I could reinstall stg pagure with rhel8 some day my night and
you could take over your next morning with reloading the old data/etc?
I agree it's a good time to do it.
Perhaps monday night I could try and do it and you could work on it
So here you go, let me know what you think :)
packager perms sync to bugzilla
pagure to rhel8
mirror ansible repo (after freeze)
bugzilla overrides in pagure
retired packages closed to bugs