Henry Spencer's license
by Petr Šabata
While checking the contents of our `perl' package, I noticed the following:
/* NOTE: this is derived from Henry Spencer's regexp code, and should not
* confused with the original package (see point 3 below). Thanks, Henry!
/* Additional note: this code is very heavily munged from Henry's version
* in places. In some spots I've traded clarity for efficiency, so don't
* blame Henry for some of the lack of readability.
/* The names of the functions have been changed from regcomp and
* regexec to pregcomp and pregexec in order to avoid conflicts
* with the POSIX routines of the same names.
* pregcomp and pregexec -- regsub and regerror are not used in perl
* Copyright (c) 1986 by University of Toronto.
* Written by Henry Spencer. Not derived from licensed software.
* Permission is granted to anyone to use this software for any
* purpose on any computer system, and to redistribute it freely,
* subject to the following restrictions:
* 1. The author is not responsible for the consequences of use of
* this software, no matter how awful, even if they arise
* from defects in it.
* 2. The origin of this software must not be misrepresented, either
* by explicit claim or by omission.
* 3. Altered versions must be plainly marked as such, and must not
* be misrepresented as being the original software.
**** Alterations to Henry's code are...
**** Copyright (C) 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999,
**** 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
**** by Larry Wall and others
**** You may distribute under the terms of either the GNU General Public
**** License or the Artistic License, as specified in the README file.
You can see the whole file here:
I looked but couldn't find any common name for this license
of Henry's. Is it on our list? Is it free? What name should
I use in the License tag?
3 weeks, 5 days
by Jitka Plesníková
the license of Perl module perl-Authen-CAS-Client was change from 'MIT'
to 'Nil' license (see below).
changes from 0.07 to 0.08
* updated Makefile.PL to reflect changes in default @INC handling
* fleshed README with documentation
* added README.md for GitHub
* updated to 'Nil' license
'This software is information.
It is subject only to local laws of physics.'
Can you please confirm whether it is free or non-free?
5 years, 11 months
Guidelines for publishing container images
by Florian Weimer
Do we have some guidelines how to publish corresponding source code for
I suppose that if the container image repository supports image
layering, it should be possible to publish a layer on top, with the
SRPMs for the RPMs used to construct the container image in the file
system, and put that image in roughly the same place (where users
hopefully can find it).
5 years, 12 months