Bug ID: 1678632
Summary: Review Request: apt - Main commandline package manager
for Debian and its derivatives
Component: Package Review
QA Contact: extras-qa(a)fedoraproject.org
Target Milestone: ---
Spec URL: https://dridi.fedorapeople.org/review/apt.spec
SRPM URL: https://dridi.fedorapeople.org/review/apt-1.7.2-1.fc29.src.rpm
apt is the main commandline package manager for Debian and its derivatives.
It provides commandline tools for searching and managing as well as querying
information about packages as well as low-level access to all features
provided by the libapt-pkg and libapt-inst libraries which higher-level
package managers can depend upon.
Included tools are:
- apt-get for retrieval of packages and information about them from
authenticated sources and for installation, upgrade and removal of packages
together with their dependencies
- apt-cache for querying available information about installed as well as
- apt-cdrom to use removable media as a source for packages
- apt-config as an interface to the configuration settings
- apt-key as an interface to manage authentication keys
- apt-extracttemplates to be used by debconf to prompt for configuration
questions before installation.
- apt-ftparchive creates Packages and other index files needed to publish an
archive of debian packages
- apt-sortpkgs is a Packages/Sources file normalizer.
The libraries libapt-pkg and libapt-inst are also maintained as part of this
project, alongside various additional binaries like the acquire-methods used
by them. Bindings for Python (python-apt) and Perl (libapt-pkg-perl) are
available as separated projects.
Fedora Account System Username: dridi
I have been using it locally for a month or so to build debs locally, it's
needed by sbuild and pdebuild if you try to create respectively an schroot or a
base archive. Without apt, you can still use sbuild and pdebuild once you have
a build environment because it uses the apt installation inside that
pdebuild is already available in Fedora, I submitted a review request for
sbuild in bug 1678626.
There is already a source package called apt in Fedora, but its upstream is
apt-rpm. A rename is in order before proceeding with this review.
Scratch build for rawhide:
I'm using it on f29.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.
You are always notified about changes to this product and component