We've been adjusting our meeting time to account for daylight saving
time but this year will be the first time that we're on the new US DST
plan. So hours in the US and Europe will shift on different weekends.
Do we want to shift meeting times this weekend or wait until Europe
shifts? We're currently meeting at 17:00UTC so waiting until Europe
shifts would make the interim meetings take place later in the day for
people in the US.
Well, after a long time off, I'm back to working on packaging Asterisk,
and I thought that I'd revisit my previous decision to exclude the IAXy
The IAXy is a small networked device produced by Digium (the developers
of Asterisk) to connect an analog phone to an Asterisk PBX. It needs
some firmware to operate that can be served up to an IAXy over the
network by Asterisk. The IAXy firmware is included with the Asterisk
tarball, the relevant section from the LICENSE file is this:
This file is Copyright (C) Digium, Inc. and is licensed for
use with Digium IAXy hardware devices only. It can be
distributed freely as long as the distribution is in the
original form present in this package (not reformatted or
Based upon recent discussion regarding wireless firmware, it seems that
it is permissible to package the IAXy firmware. Am I correct?
there seems to be confusion on f-m about whether %config* files ahve a
place in /usr or not. I think it is quite evident that FHS and
stateless goals rather forbid any %config bits under /usr and wouldn't
really need any explicit mentioning.
But as this created a lengthy thread being refueled every now and
then, and the same may happen in the future again, maybe that's worth
a clarification in the guideline?
/me hopes that the FPC will simply vote on that w/o creating another
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
A few days ago I've taken over the package kerry due to AWOL of the
former maintainer. Today I've tried to package the new version of
kerry. But I've encountered a problem: The new package contains two
different named locale files: kerry.mo and kcmbeagle.mo. In one package
I could only use one %find_lang.
One solution could be to split up the package. That's what I have done
for now (kerry and kerry-kcontrol). But the normal package would miss
some features when not installing the sub-package. But I don't think a
require for kerry-kcontrol in kerry itself would be a good idea.
What would be the best solution in this situation? Really splitting up
the package? And if so, also putting a require for kerry-kcontrol in
kerry? Or is there an option for %find_lang I don't know?
I've uploaded the srpm and the spec so that you could have a look:
I just noticed that I can edit the Review and PackageGuidelines - is this
intended or maybe a bug because of the wiki upgrade?
I added a link to fedora-packaging list to ask questions and that static
libraries must go into a -static subpackge into the ReviewGuidelines to sync
them with the PackageGuidelines.
But I am not really sure whether or not this was the right way to make this
On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 12:32:42PM +0530, Parag N(पराग़) wrote:
> Do we need to have alternative scriptlet that includes above lines for
> post section for fonts packages in CORE?
I am not a specialist, but my findings is that it depends on the type
of font. It could be different for bitmap fonts, type1 fonts and
I asked for more precise guidelines some time ago, but nobody was
willing to answer. Now that it is more or less mandatory to be
able to review core packages, hopefully things will be better.