When we updated pytest to 5, I've introduced python-pytest4 compatibility
package to ease the transition. We are now on pytest 6.2 and python-pytest4
However, pytest 4 has problems on Python 3.10 and I lack the enthusiasm to
backport the fixes from 6.2 to 4. The most recent issue proved to be nontrivial:
The only Fedora package pulling in pytest4 is python-pytest-relaxed, which
Requires pytest < 5.
- python-invoke and python-paramiko BuildRequire python3-pytest-relaxed
- python-jsonmodels and python-paramiko BuildRequire python3-invoke
- many packages (Build)Require python3-paramiko
1) Add support of recent pytest to python-pytest-relaxed [ideal]
2) Retire python-pytest4 and introduce python-pytest5
pytest-relaxed seem to work with pytest5 witch some patches that are available.
However, this is not a long term solution, so I'd rather not spend my time on it.
3) Retire python-pytest4 and python-pytest-relaxed
This requires disabling tests in invoke and slightly patching tests of paramiko.
Once pytest-relaxed supports recent pytest, we can reintroduce it.
4) Somebody else than me takes care of pytest4 and fixes it for Python 3.10
This requires long term involvement, not one time effort.