I'd like to bring to your attention that there was proposed by Ruby SIG
meeting as part of FUDCon Milan . I would like to take this meeting
as change to discuss Ruby future in Fedora. Here are few point I'd like
* Ruby 1.9.3 for F17. I have already pre-prepared feature page  for
this and I am working towards packaging Ruby 1.9.3. However, there are
several issues including
- How to correctly name and version subpackages such as RubyGems,
RDoc, Rake, IRB
- How to maintain updates of them late.
- Directory structure.
* Support of gems for MRI and JRuby.
- Is it possible to share RubyGems?
- Is it possible to share gems?
* Support of multiple versions of gems on single installation, e.g.
Rails 2 vs Rails 3.
* Refresh of Ruby Packaging Guidelines
- They do not always follow best practices
- They will need to be updated because of Ruby 1.9.3
* gem2rpm future and possible extensions
This is list is not exhaustive, so please feel free to add few more
points, which you think might be interesting to discuss.