Am Sonntag, den 22.01.2012, 21:19 +0100 schrieb Casper:
Christoph Wickert a écrit :
> I don't think that Casper wanted to have this as a spin for download but
> included in the l18n-kickstarts package.
Yeah that is exactly I would like.
Ok, works for me.
> I don't see anything wrong with
> this as long as we have somebody to maintain and test these spins.
> Casper, are you willing to do this? And are you a Fedora contributor
> already? If so, I could sponsor you and you can commit the files to git.
I've been sponsored as new packager only. So I need a sponsor :)
OK, I will sponsor you into spin-kickstarts git, but I wonder if we have
a workflow for this.
IHMO we should try to lower the barrier compared to the normal spins.
* No full spins process but only a quick review by the spins
wrangler or the SIG.
* New contributors to spin-kickstarts must confirm they understand
the spins guidelines.
* New contributors must be willing to maintain and test their
* New contributors need to be sponsored.
Basically what I have in mind is very similar to the co-maintainer
policy where you just need to find a sponsor who trusts you. However two
questions come to my mind:
1. Should require contributors to be packagers, too?
2. Should these "co-maintainers" be allowed to maintain official
spins or only localized ones?
IHMO for official spins that end up in spins-kickstart we should require
a full membership, this means the contributors need to do the spins
process for their spins once. But what do we do about co-maintainers for
existing spins then? As all spins are supposed to be be reviewed for
every release, we could require the new contributors to take part in