Fedora Server Folks,
I'm not sure this is the correct forum for this but I think my goals match the Fedora Server SIG goals fairly well. I've been a member of the list server for a while now but it's not very busy. Anyway let's get down to business.
My goal is 100% RPM install for applications. My company is mostly there but there are a few issues that are caused by the distribution that's why I'm here.
Internal yum repo. We use an internal yum repo so that all of our server don't have to go out to the internet BUT the fedora-release RPM is causing issues.
1) /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora*.repo files cannot be removed or better yet never installed.
2) /etc/yum.repos.d is provided by fedora-release instead of filesystem or yum itself.
chrony - It looks like I'm going to like chrony better than ntp BUT.
1) I'd like a way to specify our internal servers in a /etc/chrony.d/ like configurations instead of editing /etc/chrony.conf
httpd-on, couchdb-on, etc...
1) doesn't every body need these too? Why can't this just be part of Fedora?
1) Can we get the wrapper stuff from spacewalk as part of some Fedora-But repo.
I await your comments.